We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Freedom and Christmas cookie decorating!

Freedom!!!!  From school that is!  What it really means is freedom to do chores. Freedom to do laundry, freedom to clean house, freedom to organize life, ha ha, that's my kind of freedom! ;)
I can hardly believe there is only one week left until Christmas!  I've been so busy with finals and classwork that it just sort of snuck up on me! Well, since today was my first fee day post-finals, I wasn't really sure what to do to fill up all my extra time! Here is what I ended up doing with my FREE time: 1 hour and a half of exercise! The first I've gotten all semester! 20-30 minutes of cardio and weight lifting for the rest! I went with Catherine Andelin and we smoked up the track! (okay, so I only went a mile and a half, but who's counting! We left feeling energized and motivated to get our own six packs next year, lol! We also combined our forces to make an egg, ham, and cheese toasted sandwich, which was delicious, and I used my last avocado to make a yummy vitamina de abacate! (avocado shake) You've GOT to try it sometime. Just mix one small avocado with enough milk to cover it in the blender and a few Tablespoons of sugar: blend and you are good to go!  A deliciously healthy-ish smoothie!Anyway, I used the rest of my day to finally organize my inbox, shower of course, work for a couple hours, and organize my bedroom even washing my comforter! (the pillows are next!).  The BEST part, however, came at the end of the day when my roommate Anna and her two little sisters Rachel, and Liza all decorated sugar cookies! Andrew and Anna's friend helped out, too! Here are a few photos from the fun!
Liza, Anna, and Rachel
I made this tree and the snowflake, too! The cute snowmen are Anna's





Lot's of fun and yummy cookies!  It felt like being home again having a family of girls together decorating sugar cookies.  What could be a better family Christmastime activity?!
So thankful for the holidays and for the chance to finally clean my house!
Freedom from finals really means:  freedom to do chores! Freedom to take care of my body, freedom to keep a clean house, and Freedom to spend the evening decorating Christmas cookies with my roommate and her sisters.  Just one more way to find joy in the journey!

No comments: