We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Special visit from my dad!

This week I had such a special chance to spend some time with my dad!  He was here for a few days for a business trip (which never happens!) and so, being the great daddy that He is, He met up with me and his sister, my aunt, Diane, and bought us both lunch AND dinner! It was so nice to spend some time with him here in my own town and to just have him to myself for a change. It so rarely happens that I get to spend any time with my dad since he lives so far away, so this was such a special treat for me! We went to Kneaders for a delicious lunch in the new City Creek Mall and spent some time wandering and seeing what shops they had. We only went into one store: Bose. He he. We went all the way up to where he'd be staying to get him his hotel and then took some time to drive around and visit the old places we knew when we lived in the area. It was fun just to chat about life. He gave me some good financial advice and listened as I vented my frustrations about not having a job when I graduate and not knowing where to go from here. He's a great Dad and is always willing to listen to these kinds of things and offer advice. Believe it or not, He even lets me talk about boys, lol. He's the kind of guy who just wants his kids to be happy, and I'm so thankful for that!
The best part of the day was when we met up again with Diane and Dad took us to dinner at The Roof on the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Diane and I are very unaccustomed to being treated so well, so we were in awe of the entire thing.
Every seat has the best view of the Salt Lake City temple, and the all-you-can eat buffet was spectacular. I had never eaten so nicely in my life!
Better than the food or the location, however, was just getting to be with two people who have meant so much to me over the years: my aunt and my dad. They may never fully understand what an impact they've had on me throughout my life-my dad for being there and providing for me well beyond the necessary and my aunt for her every Sunday dinner and for caring for me and being a friend and treating me as if I were her own daughter. (Not to mention being my most faithful writer while I was on my mission). She is a stellar individual and hardly has any time for herself. It is a miracle to me that she does so much and manages so well with so little.
 It was a special evening indeed, down to the beautiful live piano music being played the whole time. We arrived at just the right time as well, because the sun was just casting its golden glow upon everything as we were seated.


Before our meal was through it had sunk deep behind the mountains in the distance and left only the beauteous aura of the temple just outside our window, shining in the darkness.
What a moment in time which I shall never forget! The feelings of peace on that rooftop, the ambiance, the food, and my family. It was a night (and day) never to forget!

No comments: