We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Missionaries whom I love!

Just had to post really quick about my most recent district! It started out as a threesome with Elders Smith, Fenn, and Parke. Then a week later, Elder House came into the MTC and a week after that, He was put in our district! So now we have four amazing missionaries to work with right now. Each one brings something different to the classroom. Elder Smith brings in the comic relief with jokes like "mais ou menos" and "we shuparred." (As me what they mean later.) Elder Parke has just brought so much spirit and love, despite his sometimes sadness and homesickness. He just makes us smile every time we see Him. Elder Fenn is so dedicated and sincere and is just one of the most amazing missionaries I've ever met! He's hardworking and just seems to really understand what being a missionary and teaching to investigator needs is all about. Elder House is very well versed in the doctrine and has a great knack for leadership as well. He is kind and caring and concerned for others and doing what's right. They all are, actually!  We've been working with them on making sure each Elder has an equal amount of time to speak during the lessons and it's been great to see those who tend to speak the language better step aside humbly so their learning companions can have just as equal an opportunity for growth and learning. I just feel so much love for these missionaries and wish so badly that I could go out with them into the field. Perhaps someday, I'll be sending Elders out of "my own." Ha, but that's a long ways away. Until then, I feel so content and happy working with such missionaries full of spirit, love, dedication, and service. Ha, if I could just spend time with them all day, I would, but that definitely would not be a good use of the Lord's time, lol. Elder Smith is leaving us this week, which will be very sad! but it will be good for him since He'll be going to the Missionary Training Center down in Brazil. He'll have a great experience there! I just wish I could express how much I love this work and being so closely involved with the servants of God five days a week. It's such a blessing to be a teacher and I pray this period of my life goes slowly... ever so slowly... for it will last only a short while before I need to be moving on to different jobs and stages of my life. Until that happens, I will keep loving and working with these missionaries. How wonderful they are! If only I could be half as amazing as they are, lol!


No comments: