We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Ice sculpting and Santa Clause!

So, Ben and Isaac and I decided to go check out the Riverwoods Mall this weekend. Partly we were there to see "Wreck-It Ralph," (which was an amazingly done movie in my opinion!) and partly because Peter Breinholdt was supposed to be singing there. Well, unfortunately we missed the singing. However, we DID run into something else that was rather amazing:
An ice sculpture!!
A life-size, fully carved ice sculpture!  I've only ever heard about these or seen them in the movies! Never have I seen such a big and beautiful one in real life before!  I couldn't get over how it just sat there, solidly, yet so slippery and wet to the touch. I had no idea they could sit out for so long and still maintain their beautiful shape! (Hmmm... maybe I will have some done for my wedding someday... wouldn't that be awesome?! Anyway, I just HAD to touch it and feel it's textures! It was so amazingly done!
Further along our walk through the Riverwoods, we ran into a few other ice sculptures as well: 
This bear was in front of the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory!
This cool Christmas Tree almost looks like a rocket ship!
Anyway, it was fun to be out and about, see Wreck-It Ralph, and spend some time with my friends. Oh and by the way, guess what else we saw:
 None other than the jolly old man himself!  Better start getting those letters to Santa ready for the mail!

No comments: