We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Snowgirl Christmas Card

So my latest assignment in my Character Design class has been to design a Christmas card and place a character in some kind of setting. I'm not so sure how the setting part will work out (it doesn't have to be too complex, but can in fact be very simple), but here is my sketch for my little character I intend to use:
I've got her all colored up on photoshop already, but I'm not sure where I put the picture of that... so as soon as I find it I will add it too and update this post. However, it is still going to need some editing. My teacher mentioned that it looked more like a snowman than a girl and that maybe I should add some hair or something so you can tell what she/he/it is. That's a good point! I also need to stop reverting back to the anime faces I grew up trying to draw, as well as fix the funny blob on the back of her head that can be a little bit hard to read...(what is it?? It's supposed to be the ball... like on the end of Santa's pointy hat!)
Anyway, I'll update you a bit more when she is better, updated, and improved upon! Just thought I'd give you a sneak peak of the thumbnails. (Can I still call it a sneak peak, even if I'm no where near publishing it professionally? lol)

No comments: