We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Leaf Bug

So today while I was doing my homework outside, enjoying the lovely weather, I happened upon the strangest but coolest little creature: a leaf bug! More specifically, a Tettigoniidae, aka, a Katydid! I suppose it was scared stiff to have me staring so closely at it and putting my camera in its face, but it was kind enough to pose for a picture. I enjoyed conversing with the thing for a few minutes before returning my attention to my homework. I even nerdishly took a little video of him (or her) walking on the grass.  She was so light on her feet that I had to study her more.
Oh, and she may very well be a He, but with a name like KATYdid, you never can tell. ;)

1 comment:

Briana said...

My brother in law would love this!! The whole time we were in Mexico he was finding different bugs and critters that he took pictures of :)