We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Thankfuls

Due to my new situation in life: new apartment, new roommates, new classes, upcoming graduation, etc. I have been feeling a lot of stress and anxiety. Sometimes it causes me to think negatively when I have no real reason to. So, in an effort to pep myself up, I have decided it is time to start counting my blessings. I will start with writing down the things I am thankful for today!
Today I am thankful I was able to work with my missionaries and have fun learning Direct and Indirect Object Pronouns, and making a lesson plan for Elison. It was fun to spend time with them, and even have our study outside where the whether was pleasant and cool.
I also got to go on a three mile run this morning before work. It was hard, but it felt great!
I went to dinner with a friend from my old apartment complex: Valerie. She is one of the funniest people. She works as a locksmith and always brings home the most entertaining stories about the most mundane of chores. Today's story was about changing the big heavy thing that makes doors close smoothly in public buildings (the spring-loaded thing on top). Apparently they are about seven pounds (which can be a lot for a woman of about 5 feet, especially if it has to be lifted above her head.) As she was unscrewing the last screw from its place, the spring bounced back and sent her flying off her 2 step stool and itself flying in the other direction. Thankfully she landed on her feet! It could have been a pretty dangerous situation, but she laughed about how silly she must have looked. One thing I can learn from Valerie, is that even in the simplest of jobs-like being a locksmith-you can find happiness in what you do. She continued to tell me all sorts of stories about her co-workers who pull jokes on her and all the fun they make in their office.  I am thankful for her positive example and will look for more opportunities to find and make fun in my situations. After all, people enjoy being around you much more when you are positive and happy!
I got to talk to my family on the phone today, as it was my Mom's birthday. There is no one as amazing as my Mom! If I could write about her greatness, it would take up an entire blog devoted just to her!  She was sick today unfortunately, but answered as cheerfully as ever when I called. I can always count on my Mom to lift my mood! I listen while the put me on speaker phone and sang Happy Birthday to her and felt happy to have such a fun family. :)
Lastly, I talked to a friend of mine from my mission, sometimes I call him "Georgia-boy" since that is where He is from.  He is the kind of person who always listens and inspires me to think positively and trust in Heavenly Father, so I was thankful, as usual, for his kind words and simple testimony of the love our Father in Heaven has for us and his desire to answer our prayers. He wants us to be happy. Sometimes I forget this! But I'm thankful for the people in my life who remind me!
Now that my day is through, I'm thankful I had the chance to reflect on the people and events that make my life great! Hopefully I can adapt this positive attitude and think more of my blessings so that I can be a more happy person! :)

No comments: