We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11th Memorial

As I was walking home from class today, I ran into the memorial set up by BYU. In memory of the events of that dreadful day eleven years ago, BYU set the flag at half mast, and placed some flowers and a folded up flag at the site. People were invited to contribute their own flowers at any time throughout the day and at least two military men stood guard at all time, taking turns for 24 straight hours, in memory of the many souls who were lost. I found the scene to be very moving and stopped to stand in reverence. It was surprising to me how special the scene was-how humble and holy. I felt awed just standing there--remembering--the peace and spiritual feeling unmistakable.



No comments: