We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Two new characters- Princess Eloinwy and Dalbein

Okay, my next assignment is due today! I spent a lot of time thinking about how I would portray Princess Eloinwy from the Chronicles of Prydain and went through many different silhouettes and character ideas. Finally I decided on something which I hoped incorporated some of her "sea king" ancestry. Unfortunately, I didn't spend nearly as much time thinking about the Wizard, whose name I even forgot. But, here are the two finished (mostly) characters which I turned in today. Needless to say, they still need some work, but that is exactly what this class is for!



  
Dalbein. I think that was his name. Also, we've been learning about straights and curves (or stretch vs. squish) and so I was trying to incorporate some of that into Him as well. Princess Eilonwy has a special glowing orb which she calls her "Bauble" that floats around and has some magical powers. I sure love the stories of each of these characters! Even when my drawings of them turn out less than ideal, I still fall in love with them!

No comments: