We must all find the fun in life! aka JOY.

A blog about the life and adventures, thoughts and musings, and moments of loving and learning of Kellie Steinbeigle.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Character Design-Fleuder Flam

So, this semester I decided it would be helpful for me to take a character design class. I've been studying illustration at BYU for a few semesters now, and feel that my character designs have been very weak all along. I've had fellow classmates take this class and feel that there is a definite difference between their characters and mine! Ha, as you can see, this has probably been the best decision I've every made! Here is a picture of the first assignment I turned in.


 

Yeah, I've got a long way to go! These are two versions of Fleuder Flam, a character from the book The Chronicles of Prydain. My teacher, Boston Madsen has only been graduated from BYU for a few years herself, but I can tell she's going to be an excellent help to me this semester. She expresses great confidence in us, is very kind, and gives honest and helpful feedback. She's been great so far and I know she'll help me take these rather lovely Fleuder Flams and make something special out of them. 

AND YET, despite their rudimentary quality, I still can't help but love them... especially the big guy on the right. Doesn't He just look so happy? and the one on the left, perhaps a little disgruntled... his harp strings have just snapped again, right in the middle of most important part of the big story he was just telling me! They are always doing that, you see. :)

No comments: